It was a good workout and I feel like I have got some really solid workouts in this week. Rather than focusing on speed from the beginning I have been trying to hit my tempo pace mid workout or towards the end and it has felt really great and been an exciting new challenge.
This week marked 6 months since I first started my blog and also 6 months since running my first half marathon. I have grown so much in the last 6 months as a runner, and as a person and I feel so grateful and thankful for the love and support my family, friends and you all have shown me. Running and this blog have been such a great outlet for me and I have so enjoyed sharing my journey and am so thankful for each of you for following me along this crazy road. I truly appreciate each and every single comment you leave and am so thankful for the friendships I have made.
To thank you all for being a part of my journey and reading all of my crazy adventures I will be doing my first giveaway next week. The blogging community has given me so much and it is now time for me to give back. I will announce the giveaway on May 5th which is Trevor's 23rd Birthday. I started this blog in honor of my brother and Trevor was truly the most giving and caring person I have ever known so it only feels right to do my first giveaway on his Birthday and to give back to you all for reading my blog.
The giveaway will be awesome and you are not going to want to miss it. I will give you a hint that it definitely will involve food and it may involve a gift card to Trevor's and my families favorite restaurant of all time. Again, you are just not going to want to miss it.
Now that I have announced the announcement of my giveaway you must suffer through Rachelle's addition of Fess up Friday.
- I secretly wish I was running Ogden Marathon. Most of my running group is running it and I just feel so ready and suddenly waiting until June 11th feels like an eternity. I am also already stressing about doing my last 20-miler without Ashley and her Mom Pam. I think I would impulsively sign up for Ogden in a heartbeat if it weren't sold out.
- The sugar fast really hasn't been that hard for me. I realized I really don't eat much sugar during the week. But what would be hard it a salt fast. I have nearly eaten an entire bag of baked lays this week, and I have polished off an entire bag of pretzels, and probably eaten my body weight in cheese. I gotta make up for the lack of sugar somehow right?
- I ate fast food (besides subway, kneaders, cafe rio or Jimmy Johns which don't count) for the first time in probably a year last night. Arby's was calling my name and I was really not feeling like cooking so I looked up the nutrition facts online beforehand and settled on the Jr. ham & cheddar melt. They were not teasing when then said 'junior'. It was seriously smaller than my fist and I was wishing I would have just went BIG with the extra large roast beef and curly fries. After I ate it I ended up eating a second dinner of peanut butter and real strawberry sandwich.
- I haven't done push ups since Monday. I always start and then just get bored with it and quit. Dang it I need to work on this.
- I have a massive mosquito bite right above my butt crack. Scratching your butt is totally classy right?
That is all I have for you today. I hope everyone is having a great Friday and has some awesome weekend plans.
Do you every eat two dinners?
Not usually but seriously the minature Arby's sandwich was just not cutting it for this girls massive appetite.
What are your plans this weekend?
I will be running 20 miles in the snow and then hanging out in my sweatpants and avoiding sugar. :)
Tell me a confession about you. Please!